"AND MOSES SAID, THIS IS THE THING WHICH THE LORD COMMANDS, FILL AN OMER TO BE KEPT FOR YOUR GENERATIONS; THAT THEY MAY SEE THE BREAD WHEREWITH I HAVE FED YOU IN THE WILDERNESS, WHEN I BROUGHT YOU FORTH FROM THE LAND OF EGYPT." -EXODUS 16:32

Friday, June 18, 2010

The start of something new...

Well...the time has come. I figured I read everyone else's blogs every day its only fair for me to start writing instead of just mooching thoughts off other people. The only problem here is that I definitely don't need one more thing distracting me on my computer! So, here's to trying to have some self control with the amount of time I spend on here and yet still share my thoughts every once in a while. I'm a person of extremes though, so I have a feeling this will turn into either a daily thing or a monthly thing. I guess time will tell!
I love the idea of using this blog as my omer of manna. In Exodus, Moses talks about filling an omer to keep for years and years so that the generations after them will see how the Lord provided for them in the wilderness and during the long years they experienced. Literally of course, he is talking about bread. But figuratively, the idea of this blog for me is to write out my journey so that years from now, my friends or my husband or my kids, can read it and hopefully see how the Lord sustained me, restored me, and provided for me every day. That's the goal. I'm excited.
That's all for today though. I played around too long trying to make it look pretty that my brain hurts too much to lay out my thoughts...I'll just leave you with a verse that's been on my heart the last few days-

"See to it brothers and sisters that none of you has a sinful unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end, the confidence we had at first." -Hebrews 3:12-14

Lets encourage each other today. Community is the best weapon to fight Satan's lies.

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment