"AND MOSES SAID, THIS IS THE THING WHICH THE LORD COMMANDS, FILL AN OMER TO BE KEPT FOR YOUR GENERATIONS; THAT THEY MAY SEE THE BREAD WHEREWITH I HAVE FED YOU IN THE WILDERNESS, WHEN I BROUGHT YOU FORTH FROM THE LAND OF EGYPT." -EXODUS 16:32

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

China on my mind.


I miss these sweet faces more than I can put into words. I miss the joy that they brought into my life every single time I was around them. I miss their affirming words. I miss them greeting me with the biggest hugs and calling me beautiful no matter if I felt it that day or not. I miss their questions. I miss the jokes. I even miss having to tell them to hurry every 5 seconds when we took them places.
These friends of mine brought out a side of me that I really didn't know I had. Never before was my heart so burdened and pulled towards another culture. I had never felt such an urgency to share the good news. Too be honest, I've never been brought to tears over someone not knowing Gods love for them. That is, until I met these six precious people.
I dream of seeing them again. I wake up in the morning and roll over to check my email just to see if they've emailed while I was asleep...which they usually do with the crazy time difference there!
Even from thousands of miles away God comforts my heart and lets me know that He's working on them. He's keeping them safe...He's watching over them...He's pulling them to Him. My hearts cry is that one day I can call all of them my brother and sisters.

...Will you pray for my friends today?

No comments:

Post a Comment